Data Science Engineer with years of project experience adept at data ingestion, data transformation, feature extraction, developing models, and performing data warehouse management tasks through cloud providers.
Certifications: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Udacity Data Engineer Nanodegree
Programming Expertise: Python (Pandas, Scikit-Learn), SQL (CTE, windows function)
Frameworks: AWS (Sagemaker, Redshift, RDS, S3, EMR, Cloud9), Spark, Postgres, MySQL, Airflow, MongoDB (NoSQL), Cassandra, Flask, Tableau, Snowflake, Git, Django
Skills: Data Mining, Data Warehousing, Data Wrangling, ETL, Data Pipelines, Big Data, Data Analysis, Business Intelligence, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Statistics, Natural Language Processing, Predictive Analytics, Scripting
Data Engineering Team Lead - AWS Platform, Lambda School, 2020 - Current
- Initiated ETL through the collection and transformation of data into Snowflake
- Performed data quality checks to measure integrity, accuracy, and completeness
- Generated analytical data & reports of student engagement to senior leadership
- Led 4 teams of developers and engineers through AWS services and environments
Marketing Sales Representative, Union Line Textile, 2018 - 2019
- Strategized with apparel industry and manufacturer experts to design products
- Increased client’s sample request by 100% and reduced time on inquiries by 400%
- Scheduled meetings and visited overseas clients to collaborate on future products
Industrial B2B Sales Associate, Auspring, 2014 - 2018
- Researched data concerning customers, competitors, and market trends
- Developed problem-solving skills to provide solutions to textile clients
- Increased overseas sales growth by 30% for Functional Masterbatch products
Web Analytics Developer, Lexus Signals, 2012 - 2014
- Improved website’s SEO, increasing traffic by 300% and conversion rate by 70%
Apprenticeship in Data Science Engineering, Lambda School, 2019 - 2020
Computer Science & Software Engineering Academy that provides an immersive hands-on curriculum with a track focused on Data Science Engineer and Machine Learning.
B.A. in Environmental Science, UC San Diego, 2009 - 2012
Passion for exploring nature and challenging myself: Completed the Tough Mudder 10km on Bear mountain, climbed the highest mountain in Northeast Asia and swam across a natural open lake of 1.8 miles.
I'm a data scientist looking for full-time opportunities. If you'd like to set up a meeting with me, click here to schedule a meeting based on your availability.